Why Eggs? Because it is a SUPER FOOD. It has the potential to eradicate hunger and malnutrition from the entire world- both in developed and developing countries. This is a reason why in the year 1996, the International Egg Commission (IEC) decided to dedicate a day for Eggs with an aim to spread awareness on how nutritious Eggs are for human health.
Eggs are a nutrient goldmine!
If we start listing the nutritional value it holds, it’s gonna take quite a loooooonnnnnnggggg time. Still, let’s highlight some of the major health benefits it includes.
One single egg has varying amounts of 13 essential vitamins and minerals and is an inexpensive source of rich protein. Eggs are a good source of several minerals that can be hard to get in other foods. Both the egg white and yolk are equally beneficial for our health. There are many misconceptions regarding the consumption of eggs but let’s clear all your doubts for once and for all.
To know more about its health benefits, visit Top 12 Health Benefits of Eggs
Meanwhile, this World Egg day let’s discover the possibilities within an egg with these quick and versatile recipes.
Now that you have read so much about Eggs, you must be craving for some. Let’s find out some tasty recipes that are equally nutritious and tasty for all age groups.
From nutritional point of view, eggs are eggsellent for kids. It is an incredible source of iron, protein, fat and vitamins A, D, E and B12. Eggs at the core of a diet help enhance their growth. Prepare the perfect meal for your kids that aredelicious as well as nutritious to satisfy their health needs.
Kids can be picky. For such days when you are struggling to make something unusual and tasty yet healthy, you can try Breakfast Egg Cups. This recipe is the perfect breakfast on-the-go.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. chopped spring onion
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower and 2 Tbsp water, cover, and microwave until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, then mash with a fork until smooth. Cool slightly, then place cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Return cauliflower to bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir well to combine. Mix in Cheddar, egg, bell pepper and butter until incorporated, and then fold in spring onions.
- Using hands, form dough into 6 balls and place in prepared pan, pressing to flatten. Bake until tops are golden brown, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. If necessary, run thin-bladed knife around sides of biscuits before inverting onto wire rack.
For Fitness Enthusiasts
So you’re a daily gym goer?
Eggs are your power food. It helps you stay fit and power up your exercise routine. It is loaded with muscle-building protein, boosts your Metabolism and reduces inflammation within your body. To maintain a healthy diet can be a bit tough at times but eggs makes it easy for you. Try this Spinach Omlette. It is easy to make and also delicious in taste. The sharp flavor and dark green color of arugula are a clue to the powerful nutrients it contains and stars with cherry tomatoes and a modest amount of goat cheese that makes a hearty yet healthy brunch entrée.
· 8 eggs, lightly beaten
· ½ teaspoon ground pepper
· 1 cup torn fresh spinach
· 1 cup seeded, chopped tomato
· ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (4 tablespoons)
· ¼ cup olives, sliced (optional)
1. Coat a thick-bottomed nonstick pan with a little oil or cooking spray. Heat it over medium heat.
2. Combine egg and pepper in a medium size bowl. Pour one-fourth of the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Immediately begin stirring the eggs smoothly but constantly with a wooden spatula until the mixture resembles small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring. Cook for 30 to 60 second more or until the egg is set but still shiny.
3. Sprinkle one-fourth of the spinach, tomato, and cheese over half of the egg. Now with a spatula, carefully lift and fold the other half of the egg up over the filling. Transfer omelet to a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, spinach, tomato, and cheese to make three more omelets.
During pregnancy, egg can be a great way to help meet daily nutritional requirements. Eggs contain high amounts of choline and 11 other different vitamins, minerals, omega-3s and antioxidants that are a rich source of protein, which is essential for the healthy development of the baby and plays an important role in brain and spinal cord development during pregnancy.
Power your way through the day with Cottage cheese pancake with oats
· ½ cup quick cook oatmeal
· ½ cup cottage cheese (paneer)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 4 egg whites
- Mix the oats, cottage cheese, and eggs in a blender and process on high speed until well-combined for about 30 seconds.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add the batter in 2-tablespoon portions, spacing them evenly apart. Cook until the pancakes are set around the edges and have turned deep golden-brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently flip the pancakes with a thin spatula and cook until the second side is golden brown. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes more and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat cooking the remaining batter. Enjoyed when eaten fresh off the griddle and still warm. Serve with maple syrup, honey, or jam
Wait no more. Try these recipes and watch how you turn healthy. No wonder Eggs are considered a Super Food. It is AFFORDABLE, VERSATILE and comes in AMPLE VARIETIES
By now we all know about the numerous nutritional benefits of eggs – they’re full of high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. But did you also know that eggs are the least expensive source of high-quality protein on the market today? They’re a great budget-friendly option for everyone. So one can consume egg without any second thoughts and at the same time maintain a healthy lifestyle.
One of the most incredible things about eggs is how versatile they are. Many egg dishes are quick and easy, so they’re ideal for working professionals and their families. In no time one can prepare healthy and tasty egg dishes, which is very wholesome.
And eggs are not limited to breakfast only; numerous egg dishes make wonderful and delicious lunch or dinner. Eggs can do wonders when cooked the right way. Prepare your eggs the way you want, till it tastes yummy. Eggs can be a great option for snacks too, and it is quite exciting how portable they are for those of us who are constantly on-the-go.
Natural, organic, nutrient-added, white, brown, large, and jumbo – and the list of different types of eggs go on and on. We should definitely encourage ourselves to incorporate more eggs in our diet
But the quality of eggs plays a major role, especially during this pandemic when anyone can easily catch the virus. Therefore, it is highly essential to know the source of the eggs you consume.
Ovo Farm Fresh Eggs
When we talk about Nutrition and healthy lifestyle, food is our main concern. Ovo Farm Fresh Eggs are filled with nutrition that sums up your idea of balanced diet.
Taking one step at a time, we, at Ovo, strive to be top the egg producer in Kolkata and Odisha and this will only be possible if we maintain quality.
1. Farm Process
From providing high-quality nutritious feed to hens to auditing of eggs, Ovo farm ensure freshness, uniformity and extended shelf life of eggs.
With the changing times, OVO Farm Fresh has gained widespread expertise in innovative poultry farm processes and researches to improve hens’ well-being, food safety, and environment protection.
We stand out at various aspects and would like to highlight some of them:
2. Use of Antibiotics is a Big Noooo
We treat our Hens with utmost care and do not receive antibiotics or growth hormones. The hens are healthy and disease-free which guarantees safety of eggs and have rich quality. Our strict European standards involve safety measures that ensure no use of antibiotics in feed or water. We in fact we conduct lab tests every fortnight to make sure that our flocks are free from respiratory infections and diseases
3. 100% Automation. 0% Contamination
With changing times, our state-of-the-art farming technology with fully automated machinery ensures complete computer-controlled ventilation, flock feeding and egg collection that keeps the flock safe from any kind of contamination. We maintain complete hygiene as there is zero human-touch. From farm to your hand, Ovo eggs are completely untouched by human hands. It is our up to date technology that has brought us laurels from several food safety authorities of India.
Hygienic Hens means Fresh Eggs
At Ovo farm, rigorous sanitary measures are followed under the European Standards. We follow the Bio security measure to prevent the flocks from any kind of diseases and further spread in the environment.
4. Ardent follower of Hygienic Practices
Ovo eggs are known for its Freshness, Uniformity and Long Shelf Life. Every step we take is to ensure maximum hygiene in order to keep our quality consistent.Every Egg undergoes UV treatment to eliminate germs. Egg laying areas are kept separate from packaging areas to avoid the risk of contamination. Our objective is to become top Hygienic egg producing company in Kolkata as well as Bhubaneswar.
-Keeping closed houses for dirt-free eggs
-Automated egg collection with Zero human contact
-Optimum temperature in the egg storage units
Hope you are convinced enough why eggs are your best friend when it comes to food and Ovo Farm Fresh is your access to a healthy lifestyle. Do not wait any longer and hop into a healthy lifestyle now. Oh yes and if you are not feeling like visiting the store, do not worry as Ovo delivers online too in association with our delivery partners.
For Odisha, Download- Freshtm
For Kolkata, Download- Swiggy or Zomato
So, what are you waiting for? Order a pack of Ovo farm Fresh eggs and celebrate World Egg Day.