If someone asks you to name the perfect food, eggs should be your spontaneous answer.
Eggs are considered to be nature’s most nutritious food. A rich source of protein and free of sugar and carbs, eggs are the best food to maintain good health. Be it for fitness enthusiasts or the young working class, eggs are an awesome go-to breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as just a snack. They are easily available, are pocket friendly, very convenient to store and most importantly are extremely easy to cook. The key is to have eggs in a variety of ways by adding flavours or seasonings and pairing them with nourishing grains and vegetables. Taking into consideration the hectic lifestyle we have these days, we have listed some quick and easy egg recipes to fit into your busy schedule.
Everyone loves salad then why not make yours with eggs? If you want to have some tasty egg salad, but are hesitant to make it often because of high calories or fat, this healthy egg salad is for you! You can replace the mayonnaise with yogurt and you’re good to go! Make it in no time if you have to rush to work, or have it as your post workout meal. Your choice!
Prep Time – 15 mins
Servings – 2
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Prepare hard boiled eggs. Peel and chop them into cubes.
- Put your dressings – Yogurt and Lemon Zest into a bowl and mix them properly.
- Add Lettuce, Tomatoes and Pepper to the mixture and toss slightly.
- Now it’s time to throw in the chopped boiled eggs and you have a delicious and healthy salad serving for yourself.
Egg Salad Sandwich
What’s better than having mouthwatering egg salad slapped between slices of bread? You have your required grains and protein in one. A great lunchbox dish when you don’t have time to cook. Healthy is a bonus! Egg sandwich keeps you full for a long time but the best thing is, it feels light in the tummy. Very easy to make, treat yourself whenever you want!
Prep time – 15 mins
Serving – 3
- 6 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup light mayonaisse
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices whole grain bread
- Boil the eggs and slice them into small pieces
- Combine the sliced eggs with mayo, onion, salt and pepper gently.
- Top a slice of bread with fresh basil leaves and sliced cucumber and lay out a spoonful of egg mixture.
- Lay another slice of bread on top and cut the sandwich in half.
Easy to make and wholesome, these egg veggie pancakes made with whatever veggies you have on hand are the perfect breakfast/snack for everyone in the family. Bonus point – it is absolutely baby-friendly. Eggs and veggies give them all the necessary nutrients and they’ll surely love the taste. So, no more confusion over what to feed your toddlers. Thank us later! *wink*
Prep Time – 8 mins
Servings – 2
- 1/2 tsp oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Chopped spinach, grated raw carrots, cooked broccoli (or other vegetables of your choice)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp spices/herbs of choice (e.g. cinnamon, curry powder, cumin, oregano, turmeric)
- Beat milk and egg together in a bowl until blended. Then add rest of the ingredients to the mixture and combine.
- Heat oil or butter in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Tilt the pan to make sure the bottom is coated.
- Pour in the mixture and spread evenly. (Don’t stir.) Let the batter cook for a minute or two so the bottom starts to set.
- Flip it and cook the other side till it turns light brown.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool. Once cooled, slice it into desired shapes.
Instant Mug Omelette
If you feel betrayed by the 2-minutes instant noodles claims, try this instant omelette recipe. We swear, this won’t let you down. This delicious no mess masala mug omelette won’t let you skip your breakfast anymore, in case you make an excuse of not having enough time. Making an omelette requires a little bit of technique and precision, but this procedure helps you make yourself a perfect, fluffy omelette in no time!
Prep Time – 5 mins
Servings – 1
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 chopped green chilli
- Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- In a mug, pour 1 teaspoon of oil and add eggs to it.
- Add all the ingredients one after one and whisk it gently.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute and your breakfast is ready. Eat it hot!
Egg Taco Cups
Who doesn’t like quick and simple recipes in the morning? These baked egg Cups are the perfect go-to breakfast as they can be made with leftover rotis or tortilla. Great to carry while travelling and the ideal ‘on the go’ snack or lunchbox dish. They taste almost like a little pizza in an edible taco cup. Use up your leftovers and surprise your family with these little delights!
Prep Time – 30 mins
Servings – 3
For filling –
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 grams chopped onions
- 120 grams chopped bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- Salt and chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves or parsley
For assembling the cups –
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tortillas or leftover rotis
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 6 eggs
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add chopped onions and sauté in medium heat.
- Add the chopped bell peppers followed by chopped green chillies to the pan.
- Saute them well and let them cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Then sprinkle salt and red chilli powder and mix well. Cook for 2 -3 minutes and keep this filling aside, in a bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, chopped parsley and coriander to it and mix.
- Now cut the leftover rotis into small circles for making cups with a cutter or sharp-edged glass
- Grease both sides of the roti discs and place them on a cupcake baking tray.
- Put some filling in the roti cups and top it with an egg yolk.
- Sprinkle some salt, chilli flakes and grated cheese and bake them for 20 minutes.
- You can add some tomatoes and green onions to garnish your dish.
Eating eggs in so many interesting ways is new, isn’t it? Being a major source of so many nutrients, eggs help in our building muscles and improving overall health. In the chaotic and stressful life that we lead these days, consuming eggs give us the required Iron and Folate that carry oxygen throughout the body and keep our cells healthy. Eggs are rightly called the “Super Food” as they are the powerhouse of energy and help in regulating our brain and liver functions. They are good for our heart, excellent for maintaining good vision, and are a great immunity booster. An amazing supplement for pregnant women, a mandatory dose of nutriment for gym goers and athletes, and an awesome hair and skin treatment for the youngsters, eggs are ideal for all age groups.
As important as it is to include eggs in our regular diets, it is essential to ensure that the eggs we consume are fresh and contain the required nutrients. No matter how many healthy egg recipes you try, they will benefit you only when your eggs are of good quality. Eggs often tend to lose their nutritional value during the process of production and hence, a quality check is important. Farm produced eggs are the best for consumption as they are fresh and are quite efficiently produced. Just like Ovo Farm!
Ovo Farm is one of the the top egg producers in Kolkata and Bhubaneswar. Ovo Farm eggs are different from the ordinary eggs in the market because of the extremely professional and advanced production process that is followed. In two decades of poultry farming, Ovo Farm has gained widespread proficiency in farm processes and researches to improve poultry well-being, food safety, and environment protection. UV treated, Antibiotic free, Vegetarian feed, and added Carotenoids are some of the features that heighten the quality of the eggs. The most important factor that makes Ovo eggs different is that, they are the most hygienic eggs you can ever get. With the world dealing with a pandemic, we have learnt the importance of cleanliness and purity. Ovo Farm understands your concern and carries out egg production and storage with zero human contact. Taking pride in being the most hygienic egg producing company in Bhubaneswar and gaining the trust of its customers, Ovo Farm also has the provision of online egg delivery in Kolkata. With Ovo eggs on your plate, you get health and taste without compromising on either. So, opt for Ovo Farm eggs and add value to your diet, as well as your life.