Eggs are always a favourite for many people across the globe.
Children develop and grow up really quickly, and good nutritious food is the key ingredient for fuelling their growth. Per serving, nutritious eggs contain six grams of protein which helps in ensuring the healthy growth and development of children. As eggs are easy to digest, they are ideal for babies whose digestive systems are in the developing stage.
Children will surely become egg lovers when they will regularly have healthy and tasty egg recipes.
Do you know that having an egg a day is equivalent to a multivitamin meal for your child?
It’s the nutrition content of the egg, more than its popularity that makes them a great food choice for parents for their children.
Being the power-house of essential nutrients, an egg contains vital proteins, vitamin A, vitamin D, minerals like Selenium and Choline. One can make a variety of delicious dishes with eggs.
Recipes with deep orange egg yolk ideal for babies and infants in the age group of 8 to 12 months: –
1. Egg Yolk Mash with hard-boiled eggs
The delicious dish when combined with yogurt containing probiotics facilitate good digestion in babies.
- Soft boiled eggs
- Formula milk/ breast milk (as per the food habit of the child)
- Cut boiled eggs into small bite-size pieces
- Pop out the egg yolks and mash them properly
- Then the mashed egg yolks have to be mixed with formula milk or breast milk and an egg puree has to be prepared.
2. Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs loaded with cheese are a good source of calcium that prevents babies from developing brittle bones.
- One Egg (the yolk has to be separated)
- ¼ cup of milk (formula milk/breast milk)
- 1 tsp Oil or Butter
- At first, the egg has to be beaten with ½ tablespoon formula milk or breast milk.
- Secondly, the butter has to be heated in a pan and an egg has to be added to it.
- Then the mixture has to be stirred gently and a little salt (optional) has to be added for taste.
- Once the dish seems ready, everything has to be transferred to a plate after the egg is set.
- 2 number of eggs
- Vegetables such as onions, tomato, spinach, mushrooms (depends on one’s taste)
- At first 2 eggs have to be broken and beaten into a bowl until one gets a uniform texture.
- Secondly, the mixture has to be spread in a pre-heated pan like a dosa.
- Then all the fillings of one’s choice like, spinach, onion, tomato, cilantro, mushrooms, etc have to be put on top. The omelette has to be cooked on both sides.
- At last, cheese has to be sprinkled, for a delicious taste and a healthy dose of calcium.
4. . Pizza with eggs/Egg pizza
- Pizza dough/ pizza base
- Pizza sauce
- 2- 3Eggs
- Pizza dough has to be prepared and spread over a baking pan or one can use the pizza bases available in the grocery stores.
- The pizza sauce has to be applied on the base and toppings of choice have to be put on it.
- Cheese has to be grated well and let the pizza bake for around 10-12 minutes.
- With a pizza cutter, pizza needs to be cut into triangular pieces
- Then eggs have to be cracked in each depression.
- At last, the pizza has to be baked once again for 5-7 minutes and the pizza is ready for the children to gorge on.
OVO Farm produces the best quality deep orange yolk eggs for creating a yummy meal for your kids. So, if you are searching for fresh farm eggs or nutritious eggs near your residence, then, get a pack of fresh, full of proteins and nutrients which are 20% bigger in size giving your kids more nutrition because your family deserves more!